For this past week's challenge I opted to accent the floral and citrus notes of Victoria Gin by created a refreshing summer-time cocktail.
- 2 oz Victoria Gin
- 1/4 oz Strega
- 3/4 oz Lemon Juice
- 1/2 oz Lavender Infused Honey Syrup *
- 3 Dashes Victoria Bitter and Twisted Orange Bitters
- Add all ingredients to cocktail shaker
- Add ice and shake
- Double strain into chilled cocktail glass
- Garnish with lemon twist
*Lavender Infused Honey Syrup
- 1/2 Cup Honey
- 1 Cup Water
- 10 Lavender flowers
- Add all ingredients to sauce pan over low-medium heat
- Simmer for 20 minutes, while stirring and skimming any foam that may form off the top of syrup
- Let cool and strain through fine mesh strainer
- Bottle and store at room temperature.
To check out the judge's thoughts on the winner of week #3 challenge, as well as their person favorites, check out the video below.
Check back later this week for my recipe for week #4 challenge, sponsored by Maker's Mark.
For more information about the weekly challenges, as well as Art of The Cocktail, check out artofthecocktail.can.