- 3/2 oz Silk Road Alchemist's Brew Infused Beefeater 24 *
- 1/2 oz Cointreau
- 1/2 oz Lime Juice
- 1/4 oz Real Cranberry Juice (Not Cranberry cocktail)
- 1 Barspoon 2:1 Simple Syrup
- Add all ingredients to cocktail shaker
- Add ice and shake
- Double strain into a classic "martini" (V shaped) glass
- Garnish with a flamed orange zest.
* Silk Road Alchemist's Brew Infused Beereater 24
- Infuse Beefeater 24 with Silk Road Alchemist's Brew for 45 minutes (1 Teaspoon for every 4 ounces)
- Strain Beefeater 24 through fine mesh stainer and bottle
This cocktail was inspired by the marriage of a beautiful gin, Beefeater 24, and an elegant tea, Silk Road's Alchemist's Brew. The presents of rosehip in the infused gin was very reminiscent of cranberry, so I decided to make a twist on a modern classic, the Cosmopolitan. The use of real cranberry juice made for a drink on the sour side, so the addition of a barspoon of 2:1 simple syrup helped to balance the drink out.