Monday 23 July 2012

I'm back!

Ok, so it's been a few months since I've written anything (although I heard if you only update your blog once a year you get nominated for best cocktail blog...), but for good reason.  I've been busy with school for the last few month, and in order to get the best possible grades I have given the blog a rest for a while (all A+'s, so it certainly paid off).

Before getting back into the regular swing of things with my blog, I thought I'd just post a couple of my favorite recipes that I've come up with lately; although I haven't had time to blog, I've certainly had time to drink.

Mary Berry Sour
- 2 oz White Rum
- 1/2 oz Ginger Liqueur
- 3/4 oz Lemon Juice
- 1/2 oz Blueberry Rosemary Syrup *
- 1 Egg White

- Add egg white to cocktail shaker
- Add remaining ingredients to cocktail shaker
- Dry shake
- Add ice and shake
- Double strain into chilled rocks glass
- No garnish

Mary Berry Sour
* Blueberry Rosemary Syrup
- 1 Cup Blueberries
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Water

- Add all ingredients to sauce pan on low-medium heat
- Let syrup simmer for approximately 30 minutes
- Macerate berries while stirring syrup
- Let cool
- Strain out seeds with fine mesh strainer
- bottle and store in fridge



Pacific Paradise
- 1 oz White Rum
- 1/2 oz Gin
- 1/2 oz Cherry Brandy
- 3/4 oz Plum Wine
- 3/4 oz Lemon Juice
- 1/4 oz Simple Syrup
- 2 Dashes Bittermens Tiki Bitters

- Add all in to cocktail shaker
- Add ice and shake briefly to mix ingredients
- Strain into crushed ice filled tiki glass
- Garnish with cherries, lemon wheels, paper umbrella, etc...

Pacific Paradise


Garden of Audrey
- 2 oz G'Vine Floraison
- 1/2 oz June Liqueur
- 3/4 oz Lime Juice
- 1/8 oz Simple Syrup
- 1 Dash Bitter Truth Celery Bitters
- 1/2 Inch Cucumber
- 4-6 Sage Leaves
- 1 Egg White



- Add cucumber to half of cocktail shaker and muddle
- Add remaining ingredients to half of cocktail shaker (excluding egg white)
- Add egg white to other half of cocktail shaker
- Dry Shake
- Add ice and Shake hard to ensure sage leaves are broken up
- Double Strain into chilled cocktail glass
- Garnish with Sage leave

Garden of Audrey

Garden of Audrey was my entry in the recent Art of The Cocktail G'vine contest.  While I didn't win, I did get a runner-up slot, which was very pleasing.  Check back next week for my cocktail for this week's contest using Okanagan Spirits Taboo Absinthe.


I look forward to more blog posts this summer; Unfortunately, as of september 4th, except the blogs to once again slow down, as I will be back in school ( three math classes and two science classes doesn't leave much time for blogging).

No comments:

Post a Comment