Sunday 19 February 2012

Mixology Monday: Tiki!


Finally! After a two month hiatus, Mixology Monday is back!  This month's MxMo is hosted by Doug, at The Tiki Blog.  And to no surprise this month's MxMo theme is of course, Tiki.

An preview from Doug's blog reveille that his love for tiki is far beyond that of just rum-filled cocktails.

"Since Tiki is more than just the drinks, feel free to post on whatever Tiki subject floats your outrigger canoe. I suspect most of you will want to offer up delectable drinks, but feel free to wax eloquent on aloha shirts, exotica music, decor, garnishes, food or whatever else moves you to enter the Tiki spirit!"


While I appreciate the offer Doug, I'll stick to what I do best, mixing drinks.


Terror On The High Seas
- 1 oz Cognac
- 1 oz Jamaican Rum
- 0.5 oz Late Bottled Vintage Port
- 0.25 oz Pimento Dram
- 0.75 oz Lemon Juice
- 0.25 oz Agave Nectar
- 3 Dashes House Made Chocolate Bitters


- Add all ingredients to cocktail shaker
- Add ice and shake
- Double Strain over crushed ice into mason jar
- Garnish with mint, lemon wheel, and 3 grapes on a skewer




This cocktail actually came from the incentive to use up a bottle of Late Bottled Vintage Port that I can opened; surprisingly, this is one of my favorite cocktails I've ever create.  You can honestly taste every aspect of the cocktail!  


Thanks to everyone who participated in this month's MxMo, most of all to Doug of The Tiki Blog.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds really good and I love using port in cocktails. I'm going to definitely try this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the kind words! I was pleasantly surprised with how well this cocktail worked. I'm currently going through a Port phase with my cocktails.

    ReplyDelete